Applications for the 2021-22 PBSL cohort are now open!
Planet Blue Student Leaders work part-time in Student Life as peer educators to promote sustainable living behaviors while working in small teams to design and implement year-long sustainable behavior change campaigns. Throughout the year, PBSLs participate in weekly cohort-based dialogues and workshops to develop leadership skills and build the capacity of diverse, interdisciplinary project teams. If you’re an undergraduate student at U-M Ann Arbor who is looking for a beginning-to-intermediate level opportunity to develop leadership in sustainability, the PBSL program might be a good fit for you!
This position will start remotely in mid-August and begin with in-person activities in Ann Arbor the week of August 30. To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to attend weekly team meetings in-person on Fridays 11am-1pm on Central Campus for the full academic year. Read the job description here.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submit your application by Monday, June 7,
Learn about the 2020-21 PBSL Cohort's projects at this link. Projects included:
- Water bottle beauty pageant: a campaign to express yourself and reduce single-use plastic consumption through competitive water bottle decorating
- Mythbusting recycling: a campaign to reduce recycling contamination in off-campus housing
- Turn it down one degree: a campaign to save money and energy in student housing
- Second-hand when you can: a campaign to reduce environmental harm from fast fashion
- The PBSL Podcast - a bi-weekly conversation about all things student sustainability on campus. Listen on Spotify.
Past projects include:
- Carbon Neutrality Trivia Night
- WasteLESS Dinner and Panel Discussion: a meal and community conversation about food waste
- Zero Waste Convocation
- UMove-Out: organized an off-campus move-out waste reduction project that provided drop-off locations for students to donate nearly 600 goods to the Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit
- Support campus-wide sustainability efforts like Earthfest.
- Energy Scavenger Hunt: piloted an interactive energy efficiency audit at Pierpont Commons