Each day there are dozens of events on campus which create an enormous amount of waste. The Zero Waste Events program targets this waste by reducing packaging, avoiding single-serve items, and providing compostable ware and compost service to all staff and students on the U-M Ann Arbor Campus.
How We Can Support You
We provide FREE technical assistance and resources to departments and groups to reduce compostable waste being landfilled. We'll provide compostable plates, cups, and utensils, as well as compost collection boxes, liners and signage. Regardless of whether your event is in one of the buildings with existing compost service, we can provide compost service the day of the event. Just give us a week's notice!
Contact Us As Soon As Possible
Planning Your Event
- Program trifold flyer
- How to Host a Zero Waste Event (Video)
- Volunteering at a Zero Waste Event (Video)
- Where to pick up your zero waste event supplies
- Overview Presentation
Caterers and Vendors
- Michigan Catering is Zero-Waste Ready!
- Zero-waste friendly caterers
- Cheat sheet for ordering food and supplies
- Buy compostable ware through BBC Distributing
Communicating Zero Waste Message to Event Attendees
- Compost sign (PDF)
- Email template for event reminder (PDF)
- Zero waste event table tent
- Zero waste event table sign - by request for recurring events
- Zero waste event talking points (PDF)
- Break slide (Jpeg)
Kitchen and Other Composting Opportunities