Get our weekly newsletter!
Tune in to sustainable food happenings by subscribing to our weekly newsletter here.
Have a newsletter tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a working group!
Working groups serve as a creative, free-thinking space where the needs and wishes directly from students can be realized, by students. There are three “themed” working groups: Campus Farm Stand, DEI, and Campus Collaboration. These themes serve as spaces where students are able to meet and collaborate with other people from different majors, interests, and backgrounds to brainstorm about what sustainable food justice and practices should look like at the university and surrounding communities. Working Group meeting times vary by semester. In W21, working group meeting times are:
- NetLead (Campus Collaboration and Networking): bi-weekly on Mondays from 3-4pm, via Zoom. Email email@example.com for joining information.
- Anti-Racism and Food Justice: bi-weekly on Wednesdays from 6-7pm, via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for joining information.
- Farm Stand Student Engagement: bi-weekly on Thursdays from 3-4pm, via Zoom. Email email@example.com for joining information.
Join a Member Group:
What is a “member group”? Member groups are student organizations on campus whose mission aligns with that of UMSFP. UMSFP acts as a network to connect all of these member groups, to create a collective student voice that promotes and designs more sustainable initiatives within our food system. Member groups receive priority status for mini-grant applications and a chance to broaden their reach at our annual summit.
Current member groups:
- Feel Good
- Food Industry Student Association
- Friends of the Campus Farm
- Food Recovery Network
- Michigan Animal Respect Society
- Michigan Aquaponics
- Net Impact
- Permaculture Design Team
- Student Advocates for Nutrition
- UM Bees
- Student Hunger Initiative
Is your club interested in becoming a member group? If so, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Connect with us on social media:
Instagram: @umsustainablefood, @umfarmstand
Youtube: UM Sustainable Food Program