Below you will find links to resources and more information on content found in the Planet Blue Ambassador training modules, as well as guides and information about sustainability opportunities and resources around U-M.
- Alternative Transportation- Learn about all of the sustainable transportation options available to you on campus and around Ann Arbor.
- Detroit Connector- Daily transportation service linking Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Detroit.
- Energy Management Program- Explore energy conservation tips and track your building's purchase of utilities such as electricity, natural gas, and water.
- Sustainable Computing- Information about green computing including best practices and recommended power management settings.
- Campus Farm - At this learning laboratory, student interns and volunteers grow food and learn about food sustainability and food systems.
- MDining Sustainability - Check out what MDining is doing to help campus reach its sustainability goals.
- U-M Sustainable Food Guidelines- U-M's sustainable food practices, as well as definitions of terms such as "local" and "sustainable."
- Guide to Off-Campus Food- Information on nutrition, A2 grocery stores, shopping tips, recipe databases, and grocery delivery services.
- ChEM Reuse Program- Donate or receive (free of charge!) chemicals, equipment, and materials for use in U-M research and teaching laboratories.
- Environmental Health and Safety- EHS can advise your lab on how to properly dispose of hazardous waste.
- Sustainable Purchasing- Learn how the university is promoting the use and purchase of sustainable products within departments.
- Waste Reduction Program- Explore this site to learn everything you need to know about recycling and composting on campus.
- Zero Waste Events Program- Find out how anyone can host a zero waste event on campus (note: no event is too small!).
- Environment Health and Safety- Learn about what can impact our water and what you can do to keep it clean.
- Huron River Watershed Council- Click here to learn more about volunteering for The Huron River Watershed Council.
- Master Rain Gardener Class- Take this class to learn how to create your own rain garden and become an expert in your neighborhood.
- Online FIXIT System- Use this system to report leaks and other maintenance issues within University Housing.
- Courses- A searchable database of all sustainability-themed courses at U-M.
- ECO at U-M- A Facebook group for U-M students interested in getting involved in sustainability-related events, fundraisers, ideas, or projects.
- Environmental Stewardship Michigan Medicine- Learn more about the environmental efforts going on at Michigan Medicine.
- Events- A list of all upcoming sustainability events on campus.
- Green Team Guidelines- A guide for how to start your own "Green Team."
- North Campus Sustainability Initiative- Here you can find a list of upcoming and past events hosted by the U-M NCSI.
- Planet Blue Student Innovation Fund- Grants of $5,000 to $50,000 for student-initiated projects that promote environmental sustainability on campus.
- Student Groups- Check out all of the different sustainability-focused student groups on campus.
- Sustainability Cultural Indicators Program- Everything you need to know about our campus-wide survey on sustainability knowledge, behavior, and disposition.
- Sustainable Lab Program- Learn about sustainability best practices for laboratories and receive recognition for your efforts.
- Sustainable Workplace Program- Gather your colleagues together through this voluntary program to get offices engaged in our campus sustainability goals.
Resources, Best Practices, and Advice for Communicating about Sustainabilty:
- Discussion Guide: Living and Leading on Planet Blue- A discussion guide created in partnership with the Northwest Earth Institute.
- Promoting Sustainable Behavior Primer- A guide for successful sustainability communication from the University of California Berkeley.
- Sustainability is for Everyone - A short book by Alan AtKisson on how to talk about sustainablity and make it relevant for everyone.
- Center for Sustainable Systems Fact Sheets- A growing set of factsheets covering energy, water, food, waste, buildings, materials, and transportation systems.
- Environmental Metrics- Annual reports on 180+ metrics documenting campus energy use, air emissions, water use, land use, waste disposal, and more.
- Green Market Guide- Find environmentally responsible shops, restaurants, and organizations near campus.
- U-M Campus Sustainability Map- Check out sustainable resources on campus with this interactive map.
- email@example.com- for ANY questions related to sustainability at U-M.
- firstname.lastname@example.org- for staff interested in hosting zero-waste events and any questions in general about composting or recycling.
- email@example.com- for students interested in hosting zero-waste events.
- firstname.lastname@example.org- for all PBA related questions and comments.
- email@example.com- for questions about energy use and conservation in campus buildings.
- firstname.lastname@example.org- for e-waste and hazardous waste disposal questions.
- email@example.com- Environmental Stewardship Committee at Michigan Medicine for all questions and suggestions about hospital facilities.