OCS programs engage students, faculty, and staff in operational efforts to meet the university’s sustainability goals. OCS and our partners try to unify diverse sustainability efforts into cohesive actions that will help educate and motivate our campus community.
Waste Reduction Program
Energy Management Program
Uses technology and education to conserve energy.
- Sustainable Lab Certification Program recognizes the efforts by research and teaching labs to include pollution prevention (P2), green chemistry, and lab safety practices in their day-to-day operations.
- Sustainable Workplace Certification Program recognizes faculty and staff for incorporating sustainable practices in the office environment.
- EarthFest is an outreach initiative designed to educate and motivate the campus community on sustainability efforts and challenges facing U-M.
- Sustainability Map provides the location of sustainability initiatives across the U-M campus.
- Sustainability Town Halls