Our challenge is to unify the diverse sustainability efforts into cohesive actions that will help educate and motivate our campus community and the world in general. We do this through:
- Sustainable Lab Recognition Program recognizes the efforts by our research and teaching labs to include Pollution Prevention (P2), Green Chemistry and Lab Safety practices in their day to day operations.
- Sustainable Workplace Certification Program recognizes Faculty and Staff for incorporating sustainable practices in the office environment.
- Sustainability Map provides the location of sustainability initiatives across the U-M campus.
- Annual Environmental Reporting
- Environmental Certifications (STARS)
- Planet Blue Water Bottle Program provides reusable water bottles to incoming freshmen, staff, and faculty.
- Sustainability & the Campus is a course within LSA's Program in the Environment. This interactive course allows students to work directly with Operations staff, exploring actual sustainability challenges faced in running a university. Student teams perform hands-on group projects in conjunction with university operations sponsors.
- Chemical reuse program provides opportunity for laboratories to share no longer needed chemicals and equipment.
- EarthFest: Party for the Planet is an outreach initiative designed to educate and motivate the campus community on sustainability efforts and challenges facing U-M.
- E-Waste Recycling is an event that allows the surrounding community an opportunity to properly recycle electronic waste.
- Sustainability Town Halls