- "Food Literacy for All" class modeled a "university-community partnership". There was a 20% increase in the belief among students that community engagement is important in making our food system stronger.
- 47% of underrepresented students are interested in the Food minor.
- UMSFP mission for the future; growing the impact of the Campus Farm, and more.
- GAP Certification - Campus Farm sells to MDining!
To read the full report, click here.
UMSFP 2015-2016 Annual Report
- Food Recovery Network donated 6,985 pounds of food from Michigan Dining to Food Gatherers, effectively diverting it from the landfill as food waste.
- The monthly student food pantry Maize and Blue Cupboard received a Planet Blue Student Innovation Fund grant and more than tripled its patrons, now serving 159 people per month.
- The Campus Farm logged 1086 volunteer hours, and received a Planet Blue Student Innovation Fund grant to install a hoophouse and wash station.
- President Mark Schlissel announced support for UMSFP as a part of our campus sustainability efforts, awarding funding in the amount of $75,000 a year for three years.
Click here to download the full report.