Thursday, February 23, 6:00-8:00 PM
Location: Hatcher Graduate Library Gallery
Dinner will be served -- RSVP Recommended: https://goo.gl/fo
With support from the Provost's Office, join fellow U-M undergraduate and graduate students from across the university to build a movement for equity in the environment by connecting with new leaders across campus and identifying opportunities for personal and organizational growth. A summary of this event will help inform future programs, including student and faculty engagement.
Guiding Principles and Assumptions:
- A just society is embedded within the vision of a sustainable future as it is critical to “enhance well-being for present and future generations”.
- Formal and informal networks of U-M community members are needed to advance sustainability.
- Clear articulation of the importance of social equity in sustainability mobilizes support and resources.
- Community-driven processes are important to achieve equity and sustainability
- The Environmental field suffers from inequity (Green 2.0 Report)
- Green Ceiling
- Unconscious Bias, Discrimination, and Insular Recruiting
- Lackluster Effort and Disinterest in Addressing Diversity