The Michigan Journal of Sustainability is seeking content translating research at the human-environment interface, including information about sustainability research useful and usable to practitioners and policy makers. We welcome content submissions in a wide variety of formats and media, see content types. Authors may submit content in alignment with three focus areas, as well as projects that bridge them.
Volume 6.1 Call for Content
Focus: The Intersection of Human Health and Sustainability
Authors are invited to submit abstracts addressing the intersection of human health and sustainability, sustainable thinking, and sustainable behavior, and broader topics involving human-environment interactions. Contributions from the sciences and humanities, as well as practitioners, are particularly encouraged.
- Abstract Deadline (see details below): November 30, 2017
- Notification to Authors: December 15, 2017
- Full Manuscript Submission Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Expected Publication Date: August 2018
Submit a two-page abstract (excluding references) online, including:
- A description of the content focus, theoretical framework, data or evidence, conclusions, and broader significance of your work
- The type of article you plan to submit, see content types
- A description of how this work is relevant to an interdisciplinary audience of academics, practitioners, and/or policy makers
Acceptance of Content
Please submit an abstract before drafting a full manuscript to ensure content is aligned to the unique mission of Michigan Journal of Sustainability, see: About Us. The Editorial Board will respond to all authors within six weeks of receipt of content, indicating whether or not the content will undergo a peer review. Our goal is to publish content accepted for publication within six months of submission. The Editorial Board reserves the right to refuse any content submitted, whether invited or otherwise, and to make suggestions and modifications to the text or images before publication.