Faculty & Staff Opportunities
University of Michigan faculty and staff are increasingly pushing up their sleeves to take an even more active role in "walking the talk" of environmental stewardship on campus. So, if you work here on campus and would like to become further engaged in this important issue, then here are just a few key avenues for doing so.
- CAMPUS INITIATIVES: The Office of Campus Sustainability invites faculty and staff to contribute ideas for how to "make a sustainable difference" in campus operations at U-M.
- EARTHFEST: With a focus on sustainability engagement, this annual campus event is an ideal way to get involved. (Please inquire about possible volunteer opportunities.)
- PLANET BLUE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM: Be a sustainability leader on campus and join a community of U-M faculty, staff, and students, working together to create a culture of sustainability at U-M. Start with a short online training.
- EXPLORING SUSTAINABILITY ON PLANET BLUE: The Erb Institute for Global Sustainability Enterprise and the Graham Environmental Sustainability Institute are co-sponsoring this monthly discussion series for sustainability-focused faculty and thought leaders at the University of Michigan.
- PLANET BLUE OPERATIONS TEAMS: This unit oversees an energy saving initiative, which encourages the campus community to become involved in conservation efforts on campus.
- RECYCLEMANIA: This annual campus-wide competition is just one of several ways U-M Recycling engages the campus community in ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle on campus.
- SUSTAINABILITY & THE CAMPUS CLASS: With a focus on real-life sustainability initiatives on campus, this hands-on undergraduate course relies on U-M faculty and staff to serve as project sponsors. (Please contact Mike Shriberg if you have a project idea.)
- SUSTAINABLE COMPUTING: First initiated as "Climate Servers," this group provides faculty and staff with helpful tools and best-practice information related to environmentally responsible information technology on campus.
- VOICES OF THE STAFF ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP: This Human Resources group gives employees a means to contribute to university decision-making related to the environment at U-M.