- Goal: To create awareness among students about envrionmental issues, and create a united environmental movement on campus.
- What is it: It is a competition that takes place every fall semester in which students compete with their dorms to have an overall reduction of energy consumption of at least 10% of what it was that month during the previous year.
Ways to win:
- The halls that reach a 10% reduction gets bragging rights.
- The hall that reaches the highest energy reduction recieves a victor's party.
- An individual who creates a video or paragraph about how they personally saved energy and submitting it to the Kill-A- Watt Facebook page wins a prize between $50-$100.
- The hall with the most "enthusiasm points" by the end of the competition wins the Kill-A-Watt Enthusiasm Award along with other prizes.
- Betsy Barbour
- Mary Markley
- North Quad
- Northwood III
- Helen Newberry
- South Quad
- Martha Cook
- West Quad
Current Status of the Program:
- Movie showings
- Events: Desserts in the dark, Light bulb terrariams, trading old lightbulbs for CFLs
- Publicize via email, website, Facebook page, RAs, and fliers
- Offer online pledge
- Change competition to be among residence halls as opposed to only comparing each hall to their consumption in previous years
31 users have voted.
Give this page a thumbs-up if you found this information useful.