The Dow Sustainability Fellows Program at the University of Michigan is now accepting nominations for the Master’s and Professional Fellows cohort, which offers up to $20,000 to support the development of sustainability leaders in business, government, and non-governmental organizations. Approximately 34 exceptional graduate students will be selected from a wide range of U-M schools and colleges interested in interdisciplinary and collaborative engagement. The cohort begins in January and concludes in December of the same year.
- Full-time graduate students pursuing terminal master’s and other professional degrees at U-M Ann Arbor campus are eligible for nomination by their school/college.
- A student is eligible for participation in only one (year-long) cohort of the Dow Sustainability Masters Program.
- Fellows must reside in the Ann Arbor area for the duration of the program, except for the summer (see Program Requirements and Guidelines).
Interested students are encouraged to contact their school/college graduate advisor or administrator in early September. Students must be nominated by their school or college.
Application Materials and Deadlines for the 2020 Cohort will be published by August 30, 2019. All application materials, including letters, must be submitted online.
- October 29: School/colleges provide names all nominees to the Dow Fellows Program and notify their student nominees. All nominees will be contacted by the Dow Fellows Program to submit a full application package as soon as the list of nominees is received, reviewed, and confirmed.
- November 1, 2019: Nominees contact letter writers to request a reference, due by November 13.
- November 6, 2019: Deadline for all nominated students to complete and submit their application packages and identify their letter writers.
- November 13, 2019: Deadline for letters of reference submitted on behalf of the nominated student.
- Email: Dow-Fellows-Program-Staff@umich.edu
- Phone: 734-615-8230
- The University of Michigan’s Graham Sustainability Institute administers and supports the Dow Sustainability Fellows program.
- Sustainability at the University of Michigan
Dow Fellows Program Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Supporting sustainability scholars, the Dow Sustainability Fellows Program is aligned with the U-M commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Program efforts focus on ensuring that each student thrives. Scholars learn that diversity is key to empowerment and the advancement of sustainability knowledge, learning, and leadership at U-M and worldwide. See: http://sustainability.umich.edu/dow