Apply NowProject teams seeking support through the Dow Distinguished Dow Awards competition are encouraged to submit a project proposal for a $5,000 Seed (small) Grant. This competition is open to U-M Ann Arbor students at all academic levels. The 2018 Application is Closed.
- Program staff will conduct a review of project proposals, see Distinguished Awards Guidelines to ensure they meet the minimum criteria, with the expectation that all valid proposals will receive an immediate award of $5,000 for teams to begin implementing their proposals.
- Funds will be transferred to the home unit (school/college, department) of the faculty advisor defined in the proposal, and will be administered through the home unit. Receipt of funding will be subject to terms and conditions outlined in the award notification.
- All project teams who receive a Seed Grant must submit a written progress report to the Program summarizing their accomplishments by mid-September, see Distinguished Awards Guidelines, and Key Dates.
Project Applications (Proposals) Due: January - May 24, 2018 (Closed)
Proposals for seed funding (small grants) may be submitted anytime from date of issuance of this request for proposals until the deadline. Funding will be granted on a rolling basis by the submission deadline or until 15 eligible proposals are received, whichever comes first. All project proposals should:
- Be no more than 2-pages in length.
- List team members and their U-M school/college affiliations, including the faculty advisor and the team lead or point of contact (must be a student). Teams must meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Distinguished Awards Guidelines.
- Articulate a new and innovative concept (e.g., policy, program, service, product, etc.) and have the potential for significant societal benefits and sustainability impact.
- Fully describe the project scope, milestones and include a project timeline.
- Address how project success will be measured, such as metrics related to the project scope and objectives, and over what time frame.
- Include a preliminary budget, see Team Requirements for funding rules and limitations.
Note: Proposals will be reviewed as they are submitted. If a proposal is returned for revisions, upon resubmission it will be reviewed along with other proposals, in the order received.
Dow Fellows Program Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Supporting sustainability scholars, the Dow Sustainability Fellows Program is aligned with the U-M commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Program efforts focus on ensuring that each student thrives. Scholars learn that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to empowerment, and the advancement of sustainability knowledge, learning and leadership at U-M and worldwide.